Skip to main content

Oh yeah, I am writing a second book. Just slowly.

Last time I updated my blog I was announcing my pregnancy.  Now I write this as I nurse my sweet two week old daughter Marian Grace. Let me tell you, she is an angel baby. We're all completely in love with her.


What prompted me to write tonight was the recent questions from family regarding my book.  I've had a second book in progress for almost two years now.  It is VERY different from my first.  I'm still excited about it and I still know I'll finish writing it. I also know I'll pursue publication again.  Oh, but when those things will happen?  Totally cannot answer that at the moment.

Obviously I'm busy with my children.  It doesn't mean I'm letting writing go, or I want to write any less.  I just understand that while I can always return to my writing, I will not always be able to return to this time with them.  If I've learned anything at all in six and a half years of parenting it is this - time moves quickly.  They're growing every single day, so much, so insanely fast.  I'll blink twice and they will have all inevitably grown up and I won't get these years back.  I'm choosing to put my best and my 100% into being present with my littles before they aren't so little anymore.

 
 
So, family, I appreciate the questions about book #2. I know you ask because you care.  And believe me when I say that it will be finished.  I not only plan to finish the work in progress but have ideas for book #3 and book #4.  It is still a dream of mine.  But until those dreams become a reality, I'm busy with a whole other kind of dream.  And honestly, that is okay with me. 
 
Because.  This.
 

 
 
Until next time...
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I know you're busy, but this is important

  We just ended a season of little league baseball and softball. Well, regular season ended. We just started All Stars for our youngest. Having multiple kids in sports is B-U-S-Y. We were at the ball fields every night of the week and most of the day each Saturday. The youngest had a few different tournaments, and if you know the softball tournament world you understand that you live at the ball fields those weekends. Games on Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. The baby’s second to last regular season tournament was exhausting. It was a hot weekend, my husband was working nights the first part so I was solo with all of the kids at the fields the first night, and then the second day I was literally at the fields for 9 hours. There was no time for laundry, no time to get ready for school for the week, no time for the rest I desperately wanted. Getting home that night we hardly had the energy for showers before it was time to go to bed. The next day would be a Sunday a

A different kind of workout motivation.

  Have you ever googled “workout motivation”? Oh, I have. I sometimes wish that motivation was something I could bottle up and take a big gulp of. I want to WANT to work out, but sometimes I just don’t. Know what I mean? I want all that comes with exercise. I want to feel good, I want the health benefits and I want to like the way I look in my clothes. I want the stress relief that it promises. The endorphins. I want to BE fit. But, you know, I don’t always want to do what it takes to be fit. They say motivation doesn’t last, and that’s true. That is why exercise has to become a habit in your life. You have to be disciplined. There is no getting around that. There is no easy button. But, there are some nudges that can be found if we look for them. I am always inspired by the busiest people I know who are also the most fit. Active moms being one example of this demographic, I wrote about them a while back during the craziness of 2020 (that blog post can be found here http://myon

The antidote

  At our Parish, before Mass, we introduce ourselves to those sitting around us and we ask for their prayer intentions. (I know, I know. This makes so many of us uncomfortable. But this can be really powerful, too. We were made for community and when you really think about this it IS a good thing.) Yesterday I turned around and met Janet, an elderly woman with a warm smile who I had not met before. Her prayer request was for those who are suffering from loneliness during this holiday season. I told her that I would pray for that intention during Mass, and I did. Then I went about the rest of my day. This morning after school drop off Janet and her request popped into my mind.   I know that this time of year can be incredibly difficult for those who are lonely. I said a little silent prayer again for the lonely, and then yesterday’s gospel reading came into my mind.   In case you missed it, the gospel yesterday: Matthew 25:31-46. Jesus said to His disciples: “When the Son of