Skip to main content

Meet the married members of the Bravo 400’s – Officer Hayes, Officer Jackson, Officer Janacek, Officer Morgan and Officer Zavala


Before the release of my next book, I hope to share just a little bit about the characters. I’m quite fond of these fictional people and can’t wait for you to read their story.I began last month with an intro of the two shift supervisors, in case you missed it, here is the link: http://myonedayisnow.blogspot.com/2017/11/meet-supervisors-sergeant-torres-and.html

Last time around I told you a bit about the single members of the shift, you can re-acquaint yourself with them here: http://myonedayisnow.blogspot.com/2017/12/meet-single-members-of-bravo-400s.html
And now, meet the marrieds:


Officer Hayes

Corey Hayes is a man who loves his family, loves his job, loves his life.

He grew up with law enforcement in his blood.  His father retired after 30 years with the Dallas Police Department.  An excerpt from the book of Corey speaking to a shift-mate about his father:

“I always thought growing up that my dad was the coolest dad I knew because he carried a gun to work.  And I wanted to be cool like him.  My mom tried to talk me out of this job – she’s a worrier, you know, like most moms I guess. She wanted for me to get a desk job, something safe.  But I wanted to be like my dad.  And I’ve never regretted following in his footsteps.  He’s a good man.  Good dad.  And was a good cop.”

Corey has indeed followed in his father’s footsteps, and is a good cop too.  He’s also a family man.  He and his wife Cassie have three children – Jacob-10, Mackenzie-8 and Noah-5.  They are debating a fourth child throughout this story.


Officer Jackson

Robbie Jackson is not the only military veteran on his shift, but he is the only one who came from Special Forces.  Robbie is a former Army Ranger. Robbie is also a very attractive man, and it doesn’t go unnoticed.  Soon after he transferred from another sector to the Bravo 400’s, he took a DUI call.  The drunken woman he arrested kept calling him ‘Officer Denzel Washington’ in the patrol car on the way to the city jail.  Since that call, the shift calls him ‘Denzel’ more than anything else.

Robbie is happily married to another Army veteran, Natasha.  Natasha now works for Veteran’s Affairs.  Robbie and Natasha desperately want children, but are unable to have their own.  They opt for adoption and you can read about their journey to become parents when you get your copy of Final 42.


Officer Janacek

Chris Janacek is the field training officer on the shift. At the start of this story he is training the rookie you met while reading my last blog post, Danny Perales.

Chris is well-liked on the shift and on the streets as well. He’s the cop that is always out there smiling, cracking corny jokes with people and handing out CCPD badge stickers to kids any time he sees them.

Chris is a husband of 13 years to his homeschooling wife Kristin, a former school teacher turned police spouse and mother of five.  Their big brood includes Elizabeth-10, Nicholas-8, Matthew-7, Rose-4 and Benjamin-2.


Officer Morgan

Brandon Morgan didn’t always plan to be a cop, like many of his work buddies did, but after he began walking down that path he couldn’t turn back.  He loves the job and loves his shift.

Brandon is married to his high school sweetheart, Leah.  Brandon sometimes gets in trouble with her for omitting information about work and the calls he goes on – but in his mind he is simply protecting her from worry. In the start of this story Leah is newly pregnant with their third child.  They’re already parents to two girls, Grace-5 and Ruby-3.


Officer Zavala

Joe Zavala is the man on shift that you can hear coming from a mile away. He’s loud, and is always laughing.  He’s a big guy who dances to no music and always has a great big smile on his face.

Joe is a former Marine.  During his early corps days he married and had a son, who is now 24-years-old.  His first marriage didn’t work out, however.  Neither did his second.  Now Joe is on his third marriage (“Third time is the charm”, he says) to a woman named Gloria.  Gloria is as loud and as happy as he is.  They’re two peas in a pod, their loud voices and vivacious laughs demanding attention wherever they go.


And with that, you know a little about each member of the Bravo 400’s.  I’m excited for you to read the story of these police officers and see how they interact at work and at play. You’ll find that they are each seemingly ordinary individuals who have extraordinary hearts for serving.  Final 42 will be available on FEBRUARY 27th on Amazon, Barnes & Noble Online, and eLectiopublishing.com. 


Until next time . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I know you're busy, but this is important

  We just ended a season of little league baseball and softball. Well, regular season ended. We just started All Stars for our youngest. Having multiple kids in sports is B-U-S-Y. We were at the ball fields every night of the week and most of the day each Saturday. The youngest had a few different tournaments, and if you know the softball tournament world you understand that you live at the ball fields those weekends. Games on Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Sunday. The baby’s second to last regular season tournament was exhausting. It was a hot weekend, my husband was working nights the first part so I was solo with all of the kids at the fields the first night, and then the second day I was literally at the fields for 9 hours. There was no time for laundry, no time to get ready for school for the week, no time for the rest I desperately wanted. Getting home that night we hardly had the energy for showers before it was time to go to bed. The next day would be a Sunday a

I don’t drink anymore. But nothing has changed! (Except everything.)

Hi, my name is Christy, and I don’t drink. I used to. I used to drink kinda frequently, actually. But now I don’t.   No, I didn’t hit some ‘rock bottom’ moment, like drinking and driving and almost killing myself (or someone else.) I didn’t stop taking care of my responsibilities while drinking. I still woke up and took care of my kids every day. I just decided that it was getting to be too much. I was starting to dislike the way I felt. And I quit. I don’t drink anymore, but nothing has changed. (Except everything.) I used to be the first to say, with a laugh, “I don’t WANT to parent without alcohol!” Parenting is hard. My children are gifts that I thank God for daily, but the work involved with raising them is the hardest work I’ve ever done. ‘Mommy wine’ culture is a thing, and I was all about it. (well, I wasn’t so much a wine girl as a beer girl, but nonetheless I bought all of the 'mommy juice' sentiment that came with drinking.) I would tell myself that I deser

A love story

Once upon a time, a 20-year-old female sailor was almost arrested for violating article 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.   What was she doing, you ask?   Well, she was conducting in a nature that would bring discredit to the Navy.   More specifically?   She was drinking under the age of 21.   Even more specifically?   She was drinking a bottle of Bud Light, with approximately 8-10 other young sailors, in a friend’s barracks room. This young girl knew she shouldn’t have been drinking underage.   But she wasn’t very bright, and was not thinking of the consequences of her actions if she were to be caught, so she did it anyway. That evening, a young male sailor on duty (he was a master-at-arms in the Navy, in other words-military police) was patrolling the barracks.   He’ll tell you now, if you ask him, that he was bored and looking for something to do. Well, he found something.   He found the aforementioned girl and her friends, drinking beer at the barracks, door