Wednesday, December 4, 2013

6,000 words in a month: pathetic?

Working on my second book and another couple of sentences will put me at 6,000 words.  I started it about a month ago.  To some, this might not seem like much.  However I am the full time mother of four kids aged four and under....so for me, this number isn't too bad.

People have asked when I have time to write.  Ha!  I don't.  I stay up late to write.  I miss out on sweet, precious sleep to do it.  Even then I'm often interrupted by a waking child.  All I can say is THANK GOODNESS FOR COFFEE IN THE MORNING.  And in the afternoon.  Coffee is my survival.

So, a little about the new book.  Surprisingly this one already has a title.  It's had a title for about a year and a half now, when I thought of the idea for the story.  It's called "The Consequence", and it involves a couple whose lives are turned upside down by infidelity.  Originally I was going to make the male the cheater, but right before I began writing, I thought it would be more interesting to have the female be the unfaithful character.  This project is so very different from my first!  However I am seriously enjoying writing it and am excited to see where it will go.  I set a goal for myself of finishing within a year.  It would be amazing if I could finish in even less time, so I'm truly hoping for that to happen.  Time will tell.

Not shocking, but I have to tend to the nine-month-old now who is crying in his crib.  I'll be back again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment